This class will update students on current changes in Colorado Mental Health Law, risk prevention, and protecting and building a mental health business.
The Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) and The Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) require therapists and counselors to adhere to certain requirements regarding Colorado Mental Health Law. Are you legally and ethically protecting your clients and yourself by adhering to these standards?
- Could you use tips on how to build, expand, protect, or retool a successful counseling business in Colorado?
- Do you know how to protect your practice from competitors, consumers, haters, regulators, ex-staff, and staff?
- Do you need additional training to stay current in the field?
- Do you know how to reduce the risk of grievance, sanction, or lawsuit in your
counseling and supervision work?
- Do you need a refresher on legal and ethical issues for counseling and supervision?
- Are you aware of the new professional requirements for clinical supervision?
- Do you want to build a for-profit or nonprofit entity?
- Do you need to have marketing ideas for this field?
- Would you like to know the current and future trends in the mental health
- Have you developed political alliances and strategic relationships to protect your practice or business?